Saturday 16 October 2010

The Story

What is this all about?
Well, as the title suggests, I am moving to Ecuador.

Jim, a good friend of mine, happened to meet his wife a couple of years ago in the UK and decided to move to her home town Cuenca a little over half a year ago. The two are very happy there and started to think about potential business opportunities. As Jim and I got to know each other while doing our MBAs a couple of years ago, he knew that he could always ask me for an opinion about his ideas. When he presented to me his latest thoughts earlier this year, I was immediately convinced of the potential of the idea. What it is, I will write about at a later point in time, when we have actually set it all up. Back then, I was in employment with a Swiss logistics company in Switzerland but was already looking for alternatives. So, when Jim asked me during my visit to Ecuador for his wedding if I want to join forces with him, I already knew the answer. The idea of moving to Cuenca and starting a business there didn't leave my mind during the days that followed my trip. It took me a couple of weeks and many discussions with friends and family to finally decide on: Yes! I am going!
I terminated my work contract and will leave my current job on 24th of November and fly from Munich to Cuenca via Madrid and Quito on the 16th of December.

So, this is the start of my blog in which I will write about the new chapter in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment