Sunday 28 November 2010

Leaving Switzerland

The past weeks were the most eventful so far.

I had my company farewell party with many of my colleagues that went down really well with a great speech of my previous manager and myself. We had a lot of fun.

This week marked the end of my 3 years with my company. Although I am really looking forward to moving to Cuenca, it was also sad to leave a great team behind. I had a good time there, was always treated in a nice way and had a steady income. Especially the last point will not be the case looking forward. It will completely depend on myself and my partners to make a living.

The final event in Switzerland was a Thanksgiving dinner this Thursday. As I was sharing a flat with an American work colleague for my last 2 months in Switzerland, he had the idea to invite friends and colleagues and have an American style Thanksgiving dinner. I liked the idea and offered to do most of the cooking as it should be on my first day in unemployment. It was a great success and a lot of fun. I even managed to convince my mother to come to Switzerland from Munich.





Since Friday I am now in Munich and feeling quite relaxed and at ease with how things are progressing. There is not much left for me to do before my flight leaves in 2.5 weeks apart from reducing my luggage load by about one third. Not easy, when you receive small gifts from friends to take with you to your new home. But I will manage that somehow

3 comments:

  1. as a swiss guys I have to make sure you payed your taxes before you leave :p good luck mate see you in about a year or so in Equador =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol Remo...
    I paid them every month. I expect something back ;)

    ReplyDelete