Wednesday 22 December 2010

Banking - Part 2, Historic Town, Christmas Shopping

To set up an account is after all not as easy. I went there yesterday again since the web-based app didn’t like foreigners in the first attempt. When I arrived at the agreed time, guess who wasn’t there. Yes, the customer representative. I was told to come back in half an hour, so I drove around the area a bit and made some pictures.

 This is one of the 5* hotels in town. It is in one of the nicest locations, directly at one of the 4 rivers overlooking the entire city.

 An old mill at the same river. I will tell you the name, once I get more familiar with the area ;)


After I got back to the bank, the lady was still not there, I left as there were enough other things to do.
I went to the historic part of town with Sole to do some Christmas shopping. I got myself a nice Panama hat for the beach (10 USD) and some small gifts for the family. Here are some pictures of town.




Today, after finally receiving my bank account details (at least for the savings account) Jim, Sole, Thomas and I went to finish the shopping for the Christmas dinner. As I was more support than active in the purchasing, Sole couldn’t resist to take the following picture. I guess it’s the first that shows me with a baby. I think Jim can be very proud of his little son. He is such a joy!


After all that running around and facing the stress of many people on their last round of shopping madness, we are relaxing a bit at home. Jim and I will go out later as he wants to show me Cuenca by night.

No comments:

Post a Comment