Sunday 19 December 2010

First Impressions

Most important fact first: I am happy and have a really great time.

Yesterday Jim & Sole threw a welcome party for me. With friends from the States, England and of course Ecuador. We had a lot of fun with Karaoke, Forfeits and many interesting and fun discussions. Here are some pictures of the party.




Jim & Sole

The last beer was too much for him...



For the party shopping, we went to the local Supermaxi (supermarket). I was a bit surprised about the prices. Apart from some really cheap products, the price level is about 10-20% higher than I thought. A large steak for 2 is about 7 USD, so slightly more expensive than in the US or Canada. Compared to Switzeland about half price. In Germany I would imagine that you pay about 20% more. Or course, no-one needs to have a steak each day, so no big deal. I just wanted to find a benchmark. The basic food stuffs are much lower in cost, so no horror news here…
Prior to the party yesterday, I took some pictures inside the house and of the view out. It is a cozy place and I couldn’t imagine it much better.




Top: Spot the Kuckuck clock :)




Rental truck (left) - Sole & Jim's on right


Today, we had a great family lunch at Sole’s parents. 3 generations around a large table, enjoying Ceviche and other local delicacies. But have a look yourself…



Yes, you guessed right. Fish in wholewheat Corn Flakes ;)


The weather is great. Especially if you just escaped the big snow chaos in Europe. I almost forgot already how it is to sit in the sun and feel the need to take off (almost) all your clothes because it’s too warm. Being aware that the sun is extremely strong (2500m above the sea and a sun right above you), I only stayed for a couple of minutes. Still, a great feeling!

Tonight will be a relaxed movie night and probably early bedtime. Tomorrow, we want to start planning for our business ventures. I am looking forward to that.

No comments:

Post a Comment