Monday 3 January 2011

New Year's Eve & Return to Cuenca


The day started really relaxed with another nice breakfast and some relaxing time just after that. 


After lunch I was presented with a birthday cake. And I think, I don’t have to tell you that it was really nice. Maracuja accompanied by some ice creams – yummy.



Of course, a birthday drink had to find time at some point. To my surprise, you can find Bavarian glasses in most houses of the family as they are all fans of the Bavarian beers. I like :)
 

After dinner, we went to the beach, together with a huge Manegote. Those figures are filled with fire crackers and then burnt. You can even blame the Manegote for all things that went wrong the previous year. I took that opportunity and got rid of a few thoughts. For those that are from Cologne, this may sound very similar to the Carnival tradition of “Nubbelverbrennung”. It works :)

 

The 1st of January was another sunny day of relaxation at the house. At the end of it, we had the nicest of many sunsets of our trip.


After 8 days of relaxation (and yes, some business talk as well), we drove the 6 hours back to Cuenca. I took the picture of Jim's truck on one of the very few stretches that are not paved yet. Just because I thought it looked cool ;)


Just before entering Cuenca, I could manage to get a picture of one of the wild llamas living in Las Cajas, the mountain area west of Cuenca.

No comments:

Post a Comment